I feel like I had so many favorites for this month, but these definitely had to be included in my very top to share with you guys! One of my favorites, was my trip to Colorado with my mom to visit my sister. We had SO much fun and I got to see and experience so many great things! I also dropped WAY too much at LUSH, MAC, and ULTA… which resulted in quite a few favorites.
1. Mac Mineralize Foundation (NC15): I mentioned this in my makeup routine post, but I got this when I went to MAC and asked for the most luminous, dewy foundation they have… and boy, did they give me that. I am OBSESSED beyond words with how glowy, hydrated, and flawless this makes my skin look. It is a lighter coverage, so if you like more or have oily skin, this definitely isn’t for you…but for those with normal/dry skin or those who yearn for healthy, dewy looking skin…this is it! I am beyond amazed with this foundation and how LITTLE it takes!
2. Ocean Salt: This has been in a favorites post before, but is back for good reason! I have been IN LOVE with Ocean Salt for quite some time now, but lately it has been SAVING me. I usually use it to exfoliate my face (which it does a wonderful job at) but it has been helping SO much with –warning gross– back acne. I know, I LOATHE it… Ever since I got off birth control my body freaked and I got hormonal breakouts everywhere back there, and Ocean Salt has almost COMPLETELY taken it away! I just rub it all over my back, let it sit for a minute or two, and rinse off. I cannot believe how much it helps and I’m so thankful to have this in my life especially with summer (bathing suits) coming up! If you experience a similar problem, or have acne anywhere else, give this a try for sure!
3. Mac Fix +: I finally jumped on the bandwagon of Mac Fix +, and I’m so glad I did. I spray my foundation brush with this before I dip in my foundation to help sheer out the coverage slightly and make it appear even more dewy/hydrated. It makes it EXTREMELY dewy at first, but I kind of love it. I love how my skin gets such a beautiful, healthy glow from both this and my foundation. I will also spray it on an eyeshadow brush to intensify an eye color or all over my face to help set everything in a place and help powders/liquids mix a little better. I definitely see myself repurchasing and repurchasing this ❤
4. NYX Contour Palette: I finally redeemed my Ultamate reward points for this, and therefore only had to pay $0.74 for it! YASS! One of my past coworker’s sister-in-law, MakeupbyTiffanyD, RAVED about this on her youtube channel, saying it was one of the best contour palettes for fair skin…exactly what I need! I have been obsessed with it lately and how well the colors blend and the consistency of them, but mostly how the light colors really do show up on my skin and lighten the highlight areas (unlike the Anastasia one). I plan on doing a whole review sometime on this palette, so stay tuned for that!
5. Jaclyn Hill Favorites Palette: I was BEYOND EXCITED that I was able to get my hands on this baby before it was gone forever. I am a HUGE Jaclyn Hill fan (she is my inspiration) so I knew I needed this palette in my life. I am obsessed with the color selection, the consistency of the eyeshadows, and how pigmented/beautiful they are for how inexpensive they were! I definitely want to do a tutorial using this palette!
6. NYX Wonder Stick (Light): This has become an everyday/makeup staple for me. It is the perfect shade for my super fair skin and I’m obsessed with how the light side of it is ACTUALLY LIGHT ENOUGH (so many concealers/highlights aren’t light enough for me or just match my skin tone…it’s sad). This makes contouring SO easy. I got it after I showed a girl who came in to ULTA how to use it, she was very fair and it looked amazing on her, so I knew I had to get it as well. I’m so glad I did! They have quite a few different shades (plus a universal one), so I definitely recommend this to ANYONE. I hope to do a review/tutorial on this as well, because it is AMAZING.
7. Kalamazoo Beard & Facial Wash: THIS STUFF YOU GUYS, THIS STUFF. I knew when it came out (last summerish?) that I wanted it in my life, but just this past month, I finally went to a LUSH store again (it was like seeing an ex-lover, the smell was heartbreaking and nostalgic, but I made it through ha), and picked this up (along with way too many other things). I know it’s a beard wash and geared towards men… but so is Cosmetic Lad and I use that moisturizer as well. My LUSH coworker once told me, “if that can make a guy’s rough face soft, imagine what it can do to yours”. AND HE’S SO RIGHT. Not only does this face wash have amazing ingredients, but the product feels AMAZING on my skin. It’s like the consistency and feel of butter, very similar, but 100% better than Ultrabland. It’s filled with citrus and enzymes so it’s not overly greasy, just super softening, brightening, balancing, and hydrating in all the right places… this is amazing for those who have dryer skin but still get oily in the T zone or around the nose like me! The only thing I’m not a fan of is the scent, it’s not terrible by any means, but with how amazing other LUSH products smell, I’m sure they could work on it 😉
8. Clean Fragrance in Rain: Besides basically drowning myself in Hippie Princess by Vera Wang at work, I have been consistently using this fragrance this month. I am in love with the Clean fragrance line… it’s really unique and just makes you smell so…CLEAN. I previously used to use the warm cotton scent like no other, but the rain has been my absolute go-to lately. It definitely doesn’t smell too close to actual Petrichor, but when I smell it, I’m still reminded of rain… or at least something very fresh. If you like more subtle, fresh scents, you definitely have to give the Clean line a try!!
Besides beauty/skin care favorites, there is SO much music I have been in love with lately! I mentioned in a favorites before how I make a mix CD every month (because apparently it’s still the early 2000’s ….) and this month I made 3. Here are some of my favorite songs if you’re interested 😉
- I’m on Fire – AWOLNATION
- Electric Love – BORNS
- The Woods – Hollow Coves
- I Found – Amber Run (this song has been so important to me this month)
- Someone New – Hozier
- Rap God – Eminem
- Whatever You Like – Anya Marina (anyone who likes indie remixes of rap songs, check this out for sure)
- XO – Beyonce (how did I not know this song existed until now?!?!)
- Where Are You Now – Justin Bieber, Skrillex, Diplo (seriously, don’t judge. Give this a chance, thanks to Jaclyn Hill for getting me obsessed)
- Tenerife Sea – Ed Sheeran
- You Are – Kathyrn Ostenberg (</3)
- Don’t It – Billy Currington (totally random for me, but this finger ain’t go no ring on it! 😉 )
More random favorites, turning 22, exploring, sisterly love, and early mornings. I got to go to Colorado earlier this month to visit my sister and it was so much fun! I loved seeing and experiencing new things there! The mountains were beyond gorgeous! Also, I’ve been waking up way earlier than normal to go explore places around the area I live with my friend before we work. I never knew these beautiful places even existed and I’m so glad I found them. Little gems of lakes, rivers, and beautiful places to go and relax. I’m so excited for summer when the water is warm enough to swim in!
May is always such a busy month for me! What did you love about your month of May?! 🙂